Ingredients – makes 18 cookies
- 150g rolled oats
- 100g plain flour
- 150g chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 15 dried apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 150g maple syrup
- 100ml mild olive oil
How to make it
- Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper. In a large bowl mix together the oats, flour, walnuts, salt and baking powder. Chop the apricots into small pieces and add.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk the water, vanilla extract, maple syrup and oil together. Add this to the oat mixture and mix thoroughly. Leave to rest for about 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 18 equal-sized, tightly moulded balls. Place these about 2 cm apart on the baking trays and flatten them slightly with your hand. Bake these in a hot oven for about 15 minutes.
- When the cookies are lightly browned, take them out of the oven and leave to cool. Serve them warm or cold.
If you’d like to find out about more recipes like this, check out our Make and Do Cook book!